I do not usually recommend things to people but every once in a while something comes a long that is too good to keep quite. Summer Heights High is a 8 part series originally aired on the Australian Broadcasting Corporation and was later aired on HBO last November. It was not until the DVDs came out a few days ago, that I truly got a taste of this show of pure genius. Chris Lilley is the creator, writer, and leading actor in the series (who plays all 3 main characters). Now if you look this show up you might come across articles calling it 'offensive, controversial, degrading, and exploiting' but I think some people need to learn how to take a joke. I really do not want to give away the show because I feel that it is really more enjoyable to watch it unfold on the screen for the first time. But yea I just wanted to give this show the credit it deserves. It truly is the funniest show I have seen in a long time and a breath of fresh air. I even dare to say it is funnier than it's funnier than its fellow HBO comedy series Flight of the Conchords and Little Britian. I mean both of those shows are funny. But Chris Lilley is just a talented man that I hope to see more from in the future.If you liked the trailer and want to see more work by Chris Lilley, search clips from his other shows We Can All Be Heroes and Extreme Darren. Hope you all enjoy this man's talent as much as I do. Or if you want to borrow my DVD please do not hesitate to ask I would be more than happy to let you experience them as well.
1 comment:
another show i won't have access to cause of my lack of hbo
Post a Comment