
So Valentines Day was yesterday. I was asked by a few people what my definition of "Love" is. Unlike most people, who have really deep and meaningful descriptions of the word, mine is just one word.
Selflessness.
What a mouthful. Imagine a kid with a lisp saying that. (I have nothing against them). Ok so my definition is more like a synonym but let me explain. I think selflessness is the motive behind any act of love.
Charity and donations is selfless.
Giving complements to others is selfless.
Buying gifts for others is selfless.
Praying for others is selfless.
Love is thinking of others before one's self. Which equals Selflessness. Thats what it is to me.
1 comment:
very well said. as sad as it is i think that word is taken for granted too often.
but i think that kid with a lisp would sound something like this: celphlithnes
Post a Comment