BirdsToday I went to Petsmart. Usually when I was younger I would run to the fish or rodent sections and stare at the glass tanks for a long time. But today I went to the bird section. I feel that I never really took interest in birds, is because my parents would most defiantly detest me getting one, due to their constant chirping. Why would I torture myself, by taking interest in something I would never have. Well anyways, I was looking at the birds, most of which were Finches.
I never realized how delicate birds are. I mean they have to be so light weight in order to fly. Did you know that only 25% of air they breath in actually goes to their lungs? Thats right, and 75% of the air bypasses the lungs and goes into a "posterior air sac which extends from the lungs and connects with the air spaces in the bones and fills them with air. When the bird exhales, the used air flows out of the lung and the stored fresh air from the posterior air sac is simultaneously forced into the lungs." So basically they always have fresh air in their lungs, wether they breath in or out. And how light and delicate their bones have to be, in order to take flight.
Then I watched some Youtube videos of baby birds, they are the most sickly looking fragile things. Its amazing how they grow. From a naked measly looking sac of skin and bones no bigger than a human thumb. Into graceful dancers of the sky, with some of the most beautiful colors that Crayola could have never come up with. And their songs are amazing too. Imagine if humans had hard beak like lips, hmm.
Life is amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment